Thursday 11 September 2014

In Remembrance...My Heart Is Broken, Too


Like everybody else in the world, I turned on the TV on the morning of 9/11/01, and watched in unbelief at the horrific scenes before me.

I wrote this poem the following week, and posted it on a Christian Poetry forum (re-posting date Sep 2002 if you're looking for it). Some of my other poems are there also.

This is dedicated to those whose lives were forever changed by the tragedy.


My Heart Is Broken, Too

When I see what took place in the U.S.
When those scenes come into my view
People walking around crying
My heart is broken, too.

I don't know why it all happened
Nor probably do you
All you know is that your heart is broken
My heart is broken, too.

God himself knows the answers
And His love is faithful and true
For those that he left behind -
My heart is broken, too.

This tiny town in New Zealand
Is thousands of miles from you
But because of your pain I feel so close
And my heart is broken, too.

I could never replace all your sorrow
Or comprehend what you're going through
At this time all I can say is
My heart is broken, too.

Psalm 121

© craig godfrey

16/09/2001


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments to posts.

Please note that all comments will be moderated, and any that contain blasphemous / coarse language, or dubious material will not be published.

You will require a word verification to prove you're not a robot.

Thank you.